Gabe Newell Net Worth Category: Wealthiest Business Executives › CEOs This individual has a net worth of $6 billion and was born on November 3, 1962, making him 60. He is a male entrepreneur, businessperson, and video game producer from the United States of America. Gabe Newell’s Net Worth
Gabe Newell’s Net Worth and Early Life
Would you be interested in Gabe Newell’s net worth? As an American businessman in the video game industry, Newell has accumulated a fortune of $6 billion. He achieved this success as the co-founder and managing director of Valve Corporation, a company that specializes in video game development and online distribution. You may recognize Valve’s famous titles, such as Half-Life, Counter-Strike, and Portal 2. Gabe Newell Net Worth
Newell, nicknamed Gaben, was born in Colorado on November 3, 1962. He attended Davis Senior High School in Davis, California, and later enrolled in Harvard University but ultimately dropped out. After leaving Harvard, Newell spent 13 years working for Microsoft. During this time, he claims to have been the producer on the first three releases of Microsoft Windows and learned more in three months at Microsoft than he ever did at Harvard. Gabe Newell Net Worth
Career Path of Valve Corporation’s Co-founder, Gabe Newell
Gabe Newell, alongside Mike Harrington, left Microsoft in 1996 to establish Valve Corporation. The duo used their funds to finance the development of the GoldSrc game engine and the award-winning video game Half-Life. While making Half-Life 2, Newell shifted his focus to the Steam Project. Although he has expressed dissatisfaction with creating software for gaming consoles like the PlayStation 3, he appeared at Sony’s keynote address at the Electronic Entertainment Expo. Newell is also critical of the Xbox Live and the Windows 8 operating system. Gabe Newell Net Worth
Valve Corporation has since produced several other popular video games, such as Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, and Portal. In December 2010, Forbes recognized Newell as “A Name You Should Know,” mainly for his contributions to Steamworks. In March 2013, he was awarded the BAFTA Fellowship Award for his exceptional creative contributions to the gaming industry. The same year, he was also inducted into the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame. Forbes added him to their list of the 100 wealthiest people in the United States in October 2017. Gabe Newell Net Worth
*Personal Life of Gabe Newell**
- Gabe Newell is married to Lisa Mennet, and they have two sons.
- Newell and Mennet tied the knot on the same day Valve was founded with Harrington.
- The birth of their first son Gray in the late 1990s influenced Newell’s creation of the final boss in “Half-Life,” as their childbirth experience was challenging and traumatic.
- Newell was diagnosed with Fuchs’ dystrophy, a congenital disease that affects the cornea, he underwent two successful cornea transplants in 2006 and 2007.
- His favourite games include Super Mario 64, Doom, and Star Trek on a Burroughs mainframe computer.
- Newell believes Doom convinced him that video The Future of Entertainment Lies in Gaming and Super Mario 64 Proved It video games were an art form.
- In 2020, Newell was in New Zealand with friends (including race car driver Alex Riberas) when the Coronavirus pandemic began, and they chose to remain in Auckland instead of returning to the United States.
- As a gesture of gratitude for the hospitality of New Zealanders, Newell and Riberas organized an event called “Thank You Aotearoa,” which included live performances by musical artists from across the country and other activities. Gabe Newell Net Worth